This morning, prior to beginning my second day of washing off the body, I removed the windshield post weatherstrip pieces. The rubber pieces themselves where mounted by long metal strips that were screwed through the rubber into the vertical windshield frame.
I unscrewed the small mounting screws using my cordless drill and a #2 Philips head driver.
On the lower end they were held in place by a small squarish plate, which I removed.
Then I unscrewed the remaining screws from the longer upper metal strip and pryed it off the outer windshield frame.
After I pulled the metal mounting strips off I removed the rubber strips themselves.